The Environmental Sciences: The major in environmental sciences is an interdisciplinary program among the departments of geology, biology, and chemistry. The goal of the program is to give students a well-rounded background in science as it relates to the environment. The program is rigorous and is designed either to prepare graduates for technical positions in the environmental industry or to allow them to continue their education in graduate studies. The program also prepares students to pursue an environmental career through the fields of law, business, sociology, health, or political science.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with an Earth & Environmental Sciences degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark students with a degree in Earth & Environmental Sciences.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Nature Conservancy, New Jersey Chapter
- Center for Pediatric Research
- National Starch & Chemical Co.
- Lucent Technologies
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Newark Museum
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Central Intelligence Agency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry
- United States Department of Energy
- Staten Island Zoological Society