The Criminal Justice Major: The program in Criminal Justice offers students a focused interdisciplinary exposure to all aspects of crime and criminal justice. Course in the program deal with crime, violence, and other forms of deviance and the response to these problems by police, courts, and corrections; contemporary criminal justice issues; and ethical concerns and research. Students majoring in criminal justice receive an excellent preparation for further study in graduate or professional school as well as careers in criminal justice.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with a Criminal Justice degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark students with a degree in Criminal Justice.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Essex Vicinage Probation Division
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Public Defender Service for D.C.
- National Organization for Women
- Central Intelligence Agency
- City of New York Department of Consumer Affairs
- Congressional Hispanic Caucus
- Asian Pacific American Institute
- Office of the Public Defender of New Jersey
- The Kettering Foundation Program for Women and Families
- National Association of Latino Elected & Appointed Officials
- State of New Jersey Department of Consumer Affairs
- United States Department of State