The Chemistry Major: The undergraduate curriculum in chemistry is designed to provide instruction in each of the major areas of chemistry. It provides excellent training for those who intend to go to graduate school or professional schools of medicine, dentistry, veterinary medicine, law, and pharmacy, and for those seeking employment in the vast chemical research industry of New Jersey. The degrees offered by the chemistry department are accredited by the American Chemical Society.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with an Chemistry degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark Students with a degree in Chemistry.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Nature Conservancy, New Jersey Chapter
- Center for Pediatric Research
- National Starch & Chemical Co.
- Lucent Technologies
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Newark Museum
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- U.S. Department of Energy
- Central Intelligence Agency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry
- Staten Island Zoological Society