The Biology Major: introduces students to the fundamental concepts, principals, and procedures characteristic of several major conceptual approaches to organisms. The major provides a solid foundation in biology and also permits students to specialize in any of the major branches of biology. The biology major is useful for students whose career plans lie in pure or applied biology; agriculture; biochemistry; biotechnology; botany; conservation, environmental quality and natural resources; dentistry; ecology; food science and nutrition; forestry; genetics; horticulture; human medicine; limnology, marine biology, and biological oceanography; microbiology; natural history and nature study; pharmacy; plant pathology; public health; teaching of biology; toxicology; veterinary medicine; wildlife management; and zoology.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with an Biology degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark Students with a degree in Biology.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Nature Conservancy, New Jersey Chapter
- Center for Pediatric Research
- National Starch & Chemical Co.
- Lucent Technologies
- Natural Resources Conservation Service
- Newark Museum
- U.S. Department of Agriculture
- Central Intelligence Agency
- University of Medicine and Dentistry
- United States Department of Energy
- Staten Island Zoological Society