African-American & African Studies
The African-American & African Studies major: focuses on the historical, socioeconomic, and cultural experiences of African-Americans, and African people in the worldwide diaspora. Courses also are designed to integrate scholarship on gender, race and class.
Please click on the tabs below to see a list of sample occupations possible with an African-American & African Studies degree and a list employers who have hired Rutgers-Newark students with a degree in African-American & African Studies.
- Sample Occupations
- Employers who have Hired R-N Graduates
Employers Who Have Hired R-N Graduates
- Prevent Child Abuse
- Mirae Foundation
- Fund for American Studies
- Association of Hispanic Arts
- National Multiple Sclerosis Society
- ArtsPower National Touring Theatre
- Guess. Inc.
- Seattle Times
- Women's Sports Foundation
- Historic Hudson Valley
- Rainforest Alliance
- Westfield Symphony Orchestra
- New England Wildlife Center
- New Jersey Law Journal
- International Sports Publishing
- Newark Museum
- National Book Foundation